NADCA’s (National Air Duct Cleaning Association) rule of thumb is that “if your ducts look dirty, they probably are,” and that dirty HVAC systems should be inspected by a reputable, certified HVAC professional.
IAQ is a term which refers to the air quality within and around buildings and structures, especially as it relates to the health and comfort of building occupants.
In a typical office space, up to 40 pounds of dust is created annually through everyday usage. The heating and cooling system is the lungs of your building. The system takes in air and breathes air out. Through normal occupation in an office a great deal of contaminants and air pollutants, such as dander, dust and chemicals are generated. These contaminants are pulled into the HVAC system and re-circulated 5-7 times per day (on average). Over time, this re-circulation causes a build-up of contaminants in the duct work which can not only contribute to health issues for the occupants, but also affect the performance of the HVAC system.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25-40% of the energy used for heating or cooling a building is wasted. Contaminants in the HVAC system cause it to work harder and shorten the life of the system. Although using filters can help, the HVAC system still gets dirty through normal use. When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the desired temperature and, as a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness.
1. Air duct cleaning by CRYSTAL CLEAN DUCT SERVICE removes dirt, dust and airborne contaminants such as bacteria, fungus, mold spores, dander and pollen which may help to alleviate allergy and asthma symptoms as well as improve the indoor air quality of your office and the efficiency of your HVAC system.
2. According to ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers) most fiberglass filters are only 7% efficient in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc. from passing through them. A build-up of .042 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficiency of up to 21%.
3. 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air (American
College of Allergists). One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the poor indoor air quality due to fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems (Total Health Magazine & Better Health Magazine)
4. Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air. They breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight and are closer to the ground where concentrations are higher. The elderly, asthmatics and people with breathing problems, allergies and lung diseases are also more likely to be more sensitive to pollutants (Department of Consumer Affairs)
5. Most people spend 60-90% of their time indoors (American Lung Association). Indoor air is found to be up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air (Environmental Protection Agency).
Our team at Crystal Clean Duct Service is ready to help you today! Give us a call at 1.844.CCDUCTS or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to serving you!